My family and I love eating 'bowl meals' of all kinds. This is one of our faves and is so simple and quick to make.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice (or brown)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli
- 4 eggs
Serving Size: 4-5
1. Season chicken on both sides with your favorite rub recipe or a store bought rub. We used McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb this time.
2. Cook chicken and slice into cubes when finished. We sometimes grill the chicken outside but this time I used the waterless cooking method and cooked it stove top.
(I just have to add that if you're in the market for new pans, I highly recommend surgical stainless steel cookware. They can run for over a $1000 (or so I've heard) but my mother-in-law was able to get an incredible deal on Amazon. These were a gift from her last Christmas and they have become my new best friends in the kitchen.)
3. While chicken is cooking: Chop all the veggies. (If adding carrots and potatoes, boil them until fork tender after chopping.)
4. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add onion and bell pepper to pan. Cook until onion begins to soften. Add all other veggies and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Add eggs, chicken and rice and cook until eggs are done.
And here is this yummy dish in a bowl and ready to eat:
We like to add soy sauce in our bowl, but this is optional.
You can pretty much add or remove any ingredients to your liking.
Some other ingredients we like to use are:
*red bell pepper
Thanks for stopping by. If you have a favorite 'bowl meal', please share your recipe.
I'd love to try it. :)