Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our Bargain Cabinets

So as I mentioned in the last post, we found an amazing deal on craigslist for our kitchen cabinets at $500. Included were:
*7 base cabinets--including large sink base, & 2 corner bases
*8 upper cabinets
*Countertop
*Kitchen sink--stainless steel
*Stove hood vent

We're most likely going to give the countertop & sink to my mother-in-law who is also making plans to remodel her kitchen soon. We have been blessed to receive several things ourselves so we really want to help someone else if we're able to.

Here is a picture of one of the cabinets just so you can see the style of it. We have a lot of work ahead of us with these cabinets. We will need to sand, prime, & paint them so I'll be sure to take lots of pictures during the process. I also want to buy new handles.




3 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa! They will look real good in white. Incredible how inexpensive. Great find girly! I'm really glad you'll be able to help Maria out as well. I'm going to look in my "Beautiful Rooms" folder and post inspiration pics of some kitchens I really like. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LISA! What an incredible deal!! Geez, leave it to you to find unreal bargains on craigslist! Both you and Stace! :0) It's been a little over a month since I've gone to your house & now with all this remodeling, I don't think I'm going to recognize it next time I stop by! I'm so glad y'all are making this project a reality. I am confident the kitchen is going to turn out beautifully! Have fun & I can't wait to see what it looks like! Love you MUCHO! xoxo :0)

    OH! And if I do move in next door, as Mayah so sweetly suggested, I'm definitely picking your brain for ideas and bargains! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really scored cant wait to see the work you do on them! What colors will you use?!

    ReplyDelete