Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Western Themed Shower

I just shared the cute invites for my sister-in-law's shower, now I'm sharing the highlights of the decor.  This theme is a timeless classic and I don't think it will ever go out of 'style'.  I can't take all the credit, my sister-in-law helped a lot even though she was the guest of honor--she couldn't resist :), along with our dear friend Stacy, and a few others who helped with the food.






Boots are ceramic and we just added some fresh flowers. The little red bandana printed cups have peanuts in them.
As you can see, we used mason jars for the drinks and we added straws with homemade tags that read, "HOWDY" on them. For the tags we printed "HOWDY!" in two columns and cut in strips (each strip has howdy twice). Then we just fold it in half and glued it together, leaving a small opening at the center for the straw to slide through. Cuteness!

This was a "mommy advice" book we made at the last minute. We used chipboard for the front and back covers and wrapped them in card stock. We included several sheets of white card stock inside for the guests to write their advice and tips for the new mommy.


Very simple but yummy cupcakes made by the other sister-in-law. The boot toppers were from Hobby Lobby.

This was above the cupcakes. We printed out each letter and cut the paper down to size to fit on the printed card stock background. Simple but very cute.

We had a traditional western themed menu: Brisket, chili with biscuits (baked muffin size for individual serving size), bread, beans, potato salad, broccoli rice casserole, sweet tea, and punch. My mouth is getting watery as I write this. :)

So there you have it folks! This could easily be used for any kind of party. I would have loved to have bales of hay for the seating but it was winter and indoors so we couldn't get too messy. We still loved it as it was. :)




3 comments:

  1. Such pretty photos!

    Monique xx

    www.misszuman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for stopping by to see me !I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa y'all did such a great job with that shower. I always say that you and little Lisa should start a business together as party planners. Every detail looks so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete